What is the DRE?
The mission of the DRE is to support school district researchers and directors to connect, communicate and collaborate.
- Networking through the annual meeting and online social network and forum
- Developing personal contacts with colleagues
- Asking questions and getting fast, expert answers
- Participating in activities at related conferences such as AEA, regional SERAs, etc.
- Presenting at annual meetings
- Sharing of district reports
- Recognizing outstanding work through awards for district reports
- Sharing news, openings, etc.
- Publishing materials for use in districts to develop local capacity
- Developing and conducting common research projects – multiple districts doing similar evaluations at the same time, sharing data for larger scale evaluation, etc.
- Conducting an annual project
- Developing standards or best practice guides
- Providing peer reviews
- Mentoring colleagues and individuals new to the field